I watched a Jamcore DZ’s video and I learned good stuff.
My intention is to explain masturbation’s effect on a sport activity without being vulgar. Masturbation is a normal activity for some people and abnormal for others. In some religions, it’s a forbidden or ignoble activity but it’s an activity that most people do.
Type of person
The open minded person
For this person, masturbation is a normal activity because it’s natural and give a good mood. It’s not something bad.
The guilty person
For this person, masturbation is an abnormal activity, ignoble but despite that, this person does it and still feels guilty after masturbation.
The obsessed person
For this person, masturbation is an obsessive activity. This person could masturbate every hour, every day.
The bored person
For this person, masturbation is an activity to kill boredom. He’s a person who has nothing to do in life or in the day and doesn’t know what to do, masturbation.
How the body reacts
The intensity of masturbation increases (black line)
There is a release of hormones, it’s dopamine. Before masturbation, there is a first release of dopamine that cause sexual arousal and there are other dopamine release during masturbation (blue line)
Sexual arousal during masturbation will start the process to have the explosion, this explosion is orgasm (red line).
Once the orgasm has happened, there is a release of hormones, it’s prolactin. Prolactin causes the loss of interest to continue masturbation. You satisfied and you don’t want to continue to masturbate. In some situation, prolactin can make you feel guilty (green line).
Stop masturbation for 1-3 weeks
There is a black line in the middle of the chart. This is the line of testosterone. When you stop masturbation for 1-3 weeks, there is an increase in testosterone rate. But after 3 weeks, the testosterone rate returns to normal. You have to base on your normal testosterone rate to see if your testosterone is affected by anything.
It’s possible that during masturbation, the testosterone rate is below your normal testosterone rate. In this case, it’s another problem and it’s necessary to see your doctor for more details.
Most people think that masturbation makes you lose testosterone. So if masturbation makes you lose testosterone, it means that masturbation also make you lose muscles. The truth is that this myth is wrong.
Masturbation and gain muscle
The answer is « No » because the elements that influence muscle gain are training program, nutrition and rest/sleep. The only thing that masturbation does before or after a training session is the increase in heart rate.
Now that you have this information, it doesn’t mean that I encourage you to masturbation several times a day, every day. You do this when you want according to your desires but in moderation.
Here are several scientific studies on masturbation and testosterone :
- Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm in healthy men following a 3-week sexual abstinence. Click here .
- 3 Weird but Surprisingly Effective Tricks & Tips to Raise Natural Testosterone Levels. Click here.
- Lack of sexual activity from erectile dysfunction is associated with a reversible reduction in serum testosterone. Click here.
- Studies on the relationship between plasma testosterone levels and human sexual activity. Click here.
- Acute changes in plasma testosterone levels and their relation to measures of sexual behavior in the male house mouse (Mus musculus). Click here.
- Effects of ejaculation on levels of testosterone, cortisol, and luteinizing hormone in peripheral plasma of rhesus monkeys. Click here.
- Relationship between sexual satiety and brain androgen receptors. Click here .
- Increased estrogen receptor alpha immunoreactivity in the forebrain of sexually satiated rats. Click here.
- A study of the prostate, androgens and sexual activity of male rats. Click here.
- Androgen Receptors: 5 Ways to Increase the Density and Sensitivity of the AR. Click here.
- Scientists visit sex club for research into testosterone levels. Click here.
- Male and female salivary testosterone concentrations before and after sexual activity. Click here.
- Sex and Testosterone: Most Enjoyable Way to Boost Male T-Levels Naturally. Click here.
Share this article if you think it can help someone you know. Thank you.